CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 11, 2011

Watch them walk

So here I am standing, for the most part, alone.  Very few of the friends I actively chose are still with me...  In fact, can count those remaining on 1 hand even tho I have walked through fire with many.


A few years ago I watched someone very dear to me that I had stood by during circumstances she wasn't even aware existed choose to walk away from me over imagined insult.  I sought to mend our friendship & found myself openly, publicly shunned.  Heartbroken, I sat on my couch 1 afternoon & prayed 1 of those prayers...  you know, the type "What did I do?  Why so much animosity?  Do I really have to do this?"  During that conversation I felt God's voice say simply "It is enough."  In that moment something inside me changed.  A sense of peace as profound as any I've ever felt before came over me & I knew I could let go and watch her walk away.

Since that time I have not been compelled to hold on to anyone that choose to walk away from me... not even the husband that I had chosen to love for life.  It is painful to watch, I admit, but it is no longer exhausting...  

I am unsure why I needed to tell this story.  I believe, though, that it relates to my examination of my name & it's power over my life...  bear with me...  If it fits in then we will get there.

0 comments: