CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Dear daughter's great day

My oldest got home today all excited and telling me about her wonderful day at school... she uses 'share time' to sing for her class anytime her turn comes around. Well today, she sang "look at me" from Mulan and her teacher had her go down to the office to sing for the principal -- who was away on a field trip, so she sang for the assistant principal and the secretary. Then the assistant principal had her go sing for the music teacher and the coach came as well. The music room was occupied by one of the fifth grade classes (A~ is in 2nd) so she sang for everyone and was met with applause all around. On the bus ride home many of the riders had heard about her musicality and requested she sing then as well -- which, of course, she did. She then told me about the compliment she recieved that was the most special to her... it seems one little boy who rides the bus was at the show on Saturday and heard me sing the blessing -- he told her "Wow, you have your mom's voice!" She absolutely glowed as she told me about her day... and I may have sparkled a bit also. It doesn't get any better than your daughter telling you she's glad to be like you! Even if she just wants to sound like you... I guess it was a pretty good day for Mommy too!

1 comments:

Angelia said...

Awww! I want to hear you sing Rach!

How awesome for your daughter!!