CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 7, 2008

Okay, so this actually happened a couple weeks ago (before I opened this blogger account) but it was so tramatic (and funny) that I felt it still worth posting...

This is my son T~ stuck in a child's rocking chair. Hard to tell in the picture but his bottom isn't touching the ground so he's having to squat. After 15min or so I started calling people for help and had his sister find me a pillow he could sit on... While I was making phone calls A~ ran across the street to get the neighbors. After Autumn (neighbor) & I still couldn't get him out (at least half an hour at this point) she went and woke up her husband Matt (who works night shift.) We tried everything, we don't have a saw & neither do they so back on the phone to get someone to bring one. Poor baby was terrified and I sat cradling the whole rocking chair trying to comfort him!!!

Finally (after about almost an hour stuck) Matt was able to break the back of the chair where it joined the arm and I was able to slide him out. What an adventure!!! How did he even get there!? I've always thought "If you can get in, you can get out!" Now I know better... Of course, the garage door opened about the same time that the back started to give way so D~ got home just as we got T~ free and swooped in to give the "It's okay. Daddy's got you. Everythings fine now..." love... Geesh, I tell ya! Mommy endures the screaming, comforts during the whole dilema and makes freedom a reality then Daddy reaps the glory... I did get the pictures tho'... My friend Bernie says my kids are gonna take me on Dr Phil someday! Probably, but if we document the good times and triumphs with pictures I think we should also have some of the tramatic (but hilarious) moments to show future girlfriends!!! I call it leverage for future behavior modification!!! Does that make me a bad mom? No, it makes me a great mom who knows she needs all the tools at her disposal to successfully create respectful, well-behaved teenagers/young adults who know the power the Momma holds over their lives... Mwahahahaha!!!

2 comments:

Angelia said...

Ohhhhh! he looks so pitiful!!!
and take it from the mom of a teenage boy.. you do need ALL the tools you can get!! haha
Your boy is a cutie though!! Love his hair!!!

and my mom said if you're checking her blog please leave a comment, she's feels like me and her buddies are the only ones who see it.

Bald Man said...

Ok Mom now Truman knows how Rodney King Felt
"PUT DOWN THE DANG CAMERA....AND HELP ME!!!!"