CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Summertime!

And I've planted a few herbs, a few tomatoes, and 2 squash plants... I am SOOO late on my garden! I still haven't planted any cucumber, zucchini or eggplant much less gotten in my spaghetti squash! So sad! I did get a good crop of kale ealier (before we started hitting the 80 degree temps -- it's cool weather producer like lettuce) but that has shrivelled up in the heat; I moved that earth box into my kitchen to see if I can save the plants and I think I'm starting to see a bit of new growh (do I hear Angie cheering.) I picked a handful of blueberries of our blueberry bush yesterday and all the kids loved the few they had (I had two and they were very sweet.) Also my 1 1/2 year plum tree has plums -- a plum tree usually doesn't produce until 3 years or so! I'm hopeful that it signifies a full crop next year (and yes, my raw friend, I'll share those as well.) So summer's in full swing and I've got to get the rest of my garden in... it's a good thing we have a long season here!!!

1 comments:

Angelia said...

Yay!!!! You go Rach! Bald Man is having my garden put in next week!!!